Marriage Certificate is official document which testifies that two people are married to each other under certain religion. Certificate is issued only on officially registering the marriage in that state. This Certificate is issued by the Marriage Registrar under the State Government in Tripura.
This certificate is used to create various government documents. To create a marriage certificate in Tripura, you must be a resident of the state and have a valid address proof in the state, which proves that you are a resident of Tripura. A man should be 21 years of age and women should be at least 18 years of age.
This legal document serves as evidence for various purposes such as to ensures the minimum age for marriage to prevent child marriage and enables widows to claim succession.
Here we are providing you a direct link to Application Form For Tripura Marriage Certificate PDF Download. You can download the application for by just clicking on the link given below.
Tripura Marriage Certificate Form PDF
- Article Name: Tripura Marriage Certificate
- State: Tripura
- Department: Revenue Dept.
- Beneficiary: State Residents
- Language: English
- Official Website: https://revenue.tripura.gov.in/
- PDF Form Download: Tripura Marriage Certificate Form
Eligibility Criteria To Apply ForMarriage Certificate inTripura:
- The bride and groom must be permanent residents of India.
- The age of the groom should be 21 years and age of bride should be 18 years.
- At the time of the marriage, neither party should have a living spouse.
- It ensures the minimum age for marriage to prevent child marriage.
- To help widows to claim the inheritance.
- To help women to exercise their rights of shelter from husband and for custody of children.
- To prevent bigamy or polygamy.
- To act as a deterrent to husbands deserting their wives
- Used while applying for a passport, Visa to acquire immigration benefits.
- Aadhaar Card or Voter ID Card of applicant
- Residency Proof of the applicant
- Age Proof/Birth Certificate of both Groom and Bride
- Marriage Proof (Nikahnama / Certificate of Priest / Witness proof)
- Passport size photographs of the bride and the groom and 1 marriage photo.
- Marriage invitation (optional)
- After approval from concerned authority, applicant can receive the certificate within 15 days from the date of application
- Marriage certificate is valid for a lifetime.
- If marriage is registered within 60 days from date of marriage, then processing fee for the certificate in Tripura is Rs.15.
- If not , then fine has to be paid of Rs.100 for late registration along with processing fee. (i.e. Rs.115)