Renewal of Gun License Tripura- Arm license also known as a gun license is a license or permit issued by government to an eligible individual. It is mandatory for person to acquire license to legally possess gun. It is also necessary to renew license before the validity lapses or in case license goes missing. Validity of license is for 3 to 5 years as per state govt.
For Renewal of License, re-verification of applicant’s background and documents may be done by the licensing authority through police authorities. If License is issued by any other licensing agency, verification of issue of license from that authority may also be required along with police verification.
According to the new rule, legally, a person can only own two guns. Licenses will also be required to manufacture, buy, sell, transport, and maintain guns. Earlier, there was a provision of punishment of 5 to 10 years for possessing illegal weapons. Now it has been increased from 7 to 14 years.Therefore, if the validity of your gun license has expired, you have to renew it immediately .
Here we provide you the direct link of Renewal of Gun License Tripura PDF Form Download. You can easily download the application form by just clicking on the link given below.
Renewal of Gun License Tripura PDF Form Download
- Article Name: Renewal of Gun License
- State: Tripura
- Department: Revenue Dept.
- Beneficiary: State Resident
- Official Website: http://edistrict.tripura.gov.in
- PDF Form Download: Renewal of Gun License Tripura PDF Form
Documents Required For Renewal of Gun License Tripura:
- Application form
- Aadhaar Card or Voter ID Card
- 2 Recent Passport size Photos
- Proof of address or Resident Certificate
- Weapon Deposit certificate (in case of expiry of renewal date)
- Original License
- Fitness and mental alertness certificate (In case of senior citizen)
- IT Returns (In case of Bank or Companies applying)
∗ For the renewal of a gun license in Tripura State, you have to apply by going to the Regional Revenue Office. You also have to tell them reason – why you want gun and why gun is important.
Processing Time For Renewal of Gun License:
- Fresh license can be granted within one month but in case of renewal, it can be acquired within 5 days from date of application for renewal.
- License is usually valid for 3 to 5 years from date on which it is issued and has to be renewed before one month from expiry.
- But in some cases it can be issued for shorter period .i.e. if person or licensing authority desires so or in case authority ask for renewal before renewal time for their recording purpose.
22, Office Ln, Dhaleswar,
Agartala, Tripura 799001.
Note–Gun license is document/permit granted by govt. to individual to legally possess gun. A person can only acquire two guns at a time. It is necessary for individual to renew his/her license to continue his legal possession over the gun. There is imprisonment of 7-14 years in case of illegal possession of weapon.