Domicile certificate , often referred to as residence certificate, is a legal document that is used to prove a individual/person is a resident of particular state. It plays a important role in getting benefits of the scholarships scheme launched by state govt. This Certificate is required as proof of residence to avail residence / resident quota in educational institutions or in the Government Service, and also in case of jobs where local residents are preferred. For domicile certificate, you have to apply to office of Sub-Divisional Magistrate or Tehsildar, under Revenue Dept. of the State.
Here we provide you direct link to Application Form For Punjab Residence Certificate PDF Download. You can easily download the form by just clicking on the link given below.
Punjab residence Certificate Form PDF
- Article Name: Punjab Domicile Certificate Application form
- State: Punjab
- Department: Revenue Dept.
- Beneficiary: State Residents
- Language: English
- Official Website: http://pbhealth.gov.in/
- Download:Punjab residence Certificate Form in Punjabi
Purpose of Punjab Residence Certificate:
- To utilize the resident reservation quota in educational institutes.
- To apply for the resident quota reservation in Government services.
- To avail the proof of residence in the state.
- Domicile/ Residence certificate can be issued within 15-30 days form date of application.
- This certificate is valid for lifetime provided that individual residence is not changed.
- For Domicile/ Residence Certificate, Govt. Fee is Rs.12/-
- If applicant applied through Suvidha Center then Fee is Rs.50/- or as per center.
Documents required for residence Certificate in Punjab
- Recent Passport size photograph.
- Identity Proof (Aadhaar card, Voter ID card, etc.)
- Birth Certificate.
- Documents related to parents or ancestors continuous residency in the state for a minimum of 50 years.
- Ration Card
- Document of immovable property or proof of residence.
- School Certificate
- Verification Certificate from Municipal counselor
- Self-declaration form
After completing the form, the applicant must submit the form to the Revenue Office, attaching the copy of required documents.
Eligibility Criteria For Punjab Residence Certificate:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of state.
- Parents or forefathers of the applicant have permanent residence in the state of Punjab for a minimum of 50 years.
- Women who may not belong to the state by birth, but married to a permanent resident of the state.
Office Locations & Contacts:
Punjab Municipal Bhavan,
5th Floor, Plot No.3, Dakshin Marg, Sector 35-A,
Chandigarh – 160022, Punjab, India.
Phone : +91- 0172 261 9158
e-mail : [email protected]
Note: Domicile Certificate is legal document that proves person is resident of the concerned State or Union Territory. This certificate is used to avail benefits of govt. scheme for residents of their state or resident quota reservation for educational institution or govt.services. You require Residence certificate to apply for various govt. services/schemes.