Caste Certificate is a proof of person belonging to particular caste specially to any backward or schedule class. Govt. felt that scheduled class/tribe people need special encouragement to progress at the same pace as rest of citizenry.
As a result, there exist certain special privileges granted to this category of citizens, such as reservation of seats in the legislatures and in the government service, waiving off a part or the whole of the fees for admission to schools and colleges, quotas in educational institutions, relaxation of upper age limits for applying to certain jobs, etc.
To be able to avail these privileges, a resident belonging to a Scheduled Caste/ Schedule Tribe must be in possession of a valid SC/ST Caste Certificate and his/her name must be SC/ST Caste Category list in the state.
Here we provide you a direct link to Application Form For SC/ST Caste Certificate Punjab PDF Download. You can download the form by just clicking on the link given below.
SC Caste Certificate Form Punjab PDF
- Article Name: Application Form For SC/ST Caste Certificate Punjab
- State: Punjab
- Department: Revenue Dept.
- Language: English
- Beneficiary: State Residents (belonging to SC/ST Class)
- Validity: Lifetime
- Official Website: http://www.edistrict.punjabgovt.gov.in/
- PDF Form Download: Application Form For SC/ST Caste Certificate Punjab
Purpose of SC/ST Caste Certificate Punjab:
- To get reservations in various govt. services.
- To avail quota reservation in educational institutions.
- To apply for scholarship
- For waiver or concession in admission fee of school/college.
- To avail upper age limit relaxation to apply in specific govt. jobs.
- To receive govt. grants or benefits of govt. scheme.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for SC/ST Caste Certificate Punjab:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of state.
- Resident must belong to SC/ST Caste Category or his/her name must be SC/ST caste category list in the state
Documents required for application of Certificate in Punjab:
Attach the following required documents along with with SC/ST Caste Certificate application form:
- Ration Card
- Identity proof ( Aadhaar Card, Voter ID card, etc.)
- Residence Proof
- Age Proof Document ( Birth Certificate)
- Any other document in support/claim
- Passport size photo
- Self Declaration by applicant
Before applying for a caste certificate, check your name in the list issued by the Punjab government.
- Govt. Fee Rs. 10/- ( Court Fee Stamp)
- If applied for certificate from Suwidha Center, then Fee Rs.30/-
Note: SC/ST caste certificate is a legal document that proves that person belongs to schedule caste or schedule tribe category in the concerned state. This certificate helps schedule class people to avail benefits of many govt. reservations, grants and financial assistance scheme.