Non Creamy Layer Certificate, Kerala: This certificate is used to claim reservations eligible for other backward communities (OBC) in the state. By this certificate, applicants can prove that they do belong to the creamy layer category and that they are a member of OBC class. If the certificate is for state govt. the purpose then it is issued by the village officer, in case of central govt. the purpose it is issued by Tehsildar. Application to obtain this certificate is submitted in the stated form to the concerned dept.
Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in Kerala is also known as Other Backward Class Certificate. If the applicant wants to claim for communal reservation or students taking admission in various institutions then they have to obtain a Non-Creamy Layer Certificate certificate for SEBC/OEC. This certificate is very useful to get government benefits.
Under this, govt. reserve 27% posts in central government services. The Supreme court also said that this reservation is only for Non Creamy layer or OBC Category.
Here we provide you a direct link for Kerala Non-Creamy Layer Certificate Application Form PDF Download. You can download the form by just clicking the link given below and submit the same along with required documents to the concerned dept.
Kerala Non-Creamy Layer Certificate Form PDF
- Article Name: Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
- State: Kerala
- Department: Revenue dept.
- Beneficiary: Residents of the State (under OBC Class)
- Benefits: Reservation of 27% in central govt. jobs and govt. released scheme, also in competitive examination.
- Official Website: https://kerala.gov.in/application-forms
- PDF Form Download: Kerala Non-Creamy Layer Certificate Application Form
Eligibility For Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in Kerala:
- Applicant must be resident of the state and should belong to OBC category.
- Applicant’s parents or any one of the parents must be working under Group C and D of the Central Government.
- If the individual works under Group B of the Central Government and if their parents do not have a steady source of income, then they may apply.
- Anyone with an income less than 8 lakh per year makes will come under the Non-Creamy Layer or OBC category.
- If the husband is a Central Government employee, his wife is eligible. It is to be noted that the wife’s parents must not have a steady source of income source.
Download Kerala Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
- Identity Proof (Any-1: PAN Card, Passport, Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License).
- Recent Passport size Photo of Applicant.
- Proof of Address (Any-1: Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Aadhaar Card, Property Tax Receipt)
- Other Documents ( Any-1): (a) Caste Certificate of relative, if fathers certificate is not available. (b)Appropriate documents from home state in case of migration. (c) For married women, caste certificate before marriage+marriage certificate+ name change proof. (d) In case of Muslims, government accepts certificate provided by Registered Muslim Societies.
- Mandatory Documents to be provided: Income proof, Affidavit for caste, Proof of Caste.
- Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) Certificate is valid for only one year. This will be counted from the date of receiving the certificate. After one year you have to apply for NCL Certificate again.
Note:Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in Kerala is also known as Other Backward Class Certificate. Under this, govt. reserve 27% posts in central government services and in competitive examination. This reservation is only for OBC category. Income limit for the Non-creamy layer or OBC Certificate is up to Rs. 8 Lac p.a. This certificate issued by village officer or Tehsildar and is valid only for 1 year.