The legal heir certificate is an important government document which identifies the legal heirs of a deceased person after the death of a person. The Department of Revenue issues a legal successor certificate in Odisha. The legal heir certificate helps to determine the relationship of legal heir to the deceased person. According to the rules, if a person dies, family benefits such as pension and property will go to the next legitimate heirs.
To take advantage of these benefits, legitimate heirs are required to obtain a legal heir certificate. Once the death certificate is obtained from the municipality/corporation, the successor can apply for this legal heir certificate to claim his/her right over the demised person’s properties and dues. For this, generally lawyer can help to draft and register a legal heir certificate.
Here we provide you a direct link to download Odisha Legal Heir Certificate Form in PDF. You can the download the application form by clicking on the link given below.
Odisha Legal Heir Certificate Form PDF
|Legal Heir Certificate Application Form
|PDF Form Download
Eligibility For Legal Heir Certificate
The following people are eligible to apply for a legal heir certificate:
- Deceased’s parents
- Spouse of the deceased person
- Siblings of a dead person
- Children of the Deceased Person
Documents Required For Odisha Legal Heir Certificate
Following are the supporting documents required for obtaining legal successor certificate in Odisha:
- Death Certificate
- Residential Certificate
- Aadhaar Card and Voter ID Card
- Ration Card
- Pension Book in case of a deceased pensioner
- If deceased was a Government employee , then first page of service book
- Any other document in support of claim
- You will be issued a Legal Heir Certificate within 30 days of applying.
Purpose of Legal Heir Certificate
- To transfer properties and assets of the deceased person to his successors.
- For claiming insurance.
- For sanctioning and processing family pension of the deceased employee.
- To benefit dues such as provident fund, gratuity etc from the Government
- For getting salary arrears of the deceased in case of state or central Government employee.
- To get employment based on compassionate appointments.
- For any sale or registration of property, buyer can request for a legal heir certificate to verify the ownership of the property.
Note – In this article, we have provided you Odisha Legal Heir Certificate Form PDF and information about the certificate. For any query or details on the PDF form associated with any other type of scheme, please visit our website www.pdfformdownload.com. Thank you !!!